Monday, March 11, 2013

Frustration

I haven't written anything for a while because I fully expected that I would be writing about the approval of our new homestudy and foster care license.  Apparently, that was not to be.  Through much of our process we have been just a few weeks behind Julia, another foster parent with whom we took some of our last classes.  Julia received her approval in December and already has had a child placed in her home.

We're still waiting.

We're not sure, at this point, if the state is holding things up for some reason (or for no reason), or if someone has made an error at our agency.  Only last week we received and email from Guidestone asking for additional contact information for one of our references.  Apparently, they were still checking our references months after we expected that they had finished.  Does that mean that they haven't even submitted the paperwork to the state or is this something that they always expected to be doing in parallel to whatever is supposed to happen in Columbus?  Honestly, I'm not sure.  All I know is that this is all taking longer than it was supposed to take and, even longer than I, in my most pessimistic thoughts, had anticipated.

Color me frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment